Přejít na obsah

High Post RS Errors + T3 Timeouts?

Návštěvník edjrbm

Doporučené příspěvky

Návštěvník edjrbm

Hi,

I'm a UPC Internet 300+ customer and have been facing some instability in the last weeks when I was using the modem on Bridge Mode, with the connection occasionally crashing and returning only after a modem reset. The device was even exchanged for a new CH7465VF by the UPC technician, as well as the last 3 meters of cable, but the problem still persists, although it is not visible from the Central support. From what I can tell, for the last 2.5 years I have been using UPC, I had never had such connectivity issues before.

After switching the Modem mode to Router Mode the connection stopped crashing but I can see that some ping packages are lost about every 5-10 minutes and some connections still ocasionally crash or are chopped when for example watching stream or video conferencing.

The modem is now on for aproximately 3 days and from the Dowstream Status, I'm afraid the number of Post RS Errors seems higher than the usual in all the channels. On Upstream status, there are some T3 Timeouts too.

Please, does anyone know whether these failure rates are expected? Any suggestion on how to proceed?

Thanks, and my apologies for writing that in English and not in Czech.

Screenshot_2020-12-20 CH7465VF.png

Screenshot_2020-12-20 CH7465VF up.png

Odkaz ke komentáři
Sdílet na ostatní stránky

Návštěvník classbird

Dear edjrbm,

I have the same issue in my Hungary Vodafone (Ex UPC) provider and not any solution of this issue yet. May I ask to let us know if there is any update on your investigation?

Many thanks for your help.

Odkaz ke komentáři

Návštěvník edjrbm

Hi @classbird,

yeah, if I understood correctly, here it is also Vodafone now. So, I had another visit from the technician earlier this week, when after verifying the cable signal inside and outside the building, the modem was changed for a new one once again (another CH7465VF), but the problem remained. After contacting the support again, the modem firmware was upgraded to CH7465VF-NCIP-6.12.19.7-GA-NOSH, but with no real effect. After calling again, the central support informed that the monitoring system was disabled since Wednesday, so I'll have to wait until next week after the holidays. I understand that the timing is indeed not very convenient...

Other than that, I was trying the workaround mentioned here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Fix-for-router-constantly-losing-connection-in-bridge-mode/td-p/1641529  turning my router to "Use Computer MAC address" along with the modem on Bridge Mode, since the issue described there seems pretty similar to the one I'm facing, but I've just hit the problem once again and had to manually reboot the modem, so I'm afraid it doesn't quite solve it.

So we'll see how it goes next week.

Just came accross https://www.badmodems.com/

The modem I'm using (CH7465VF) is not listed among the affected ones (https://badmodems.com/Forum/app.php/badmodems), although the list does contain other Compal models, such as CH7465-LG. Also, it does report not so good results with http://www.dslreports.com/tools/puma6

image.png.a41403f090ee0fb8f375cd84fe75969a.png

Odkaz ke komentáři

CH7465VF is the same hardware (and base firmware, the only difference is GUI) like CH7465LG - one is VF branded, another is LG branded.. and I'm tired to write it all over again, check your service provider support for help, tinkering with firmware options and other things are just waste of time! BTW, you have fairly recent (if not latest) fw version available.

You have a signal problem (bad connections, ingress or some problem on provider infrastructure to your node), noone can change that except service engineer (or escalate it to higher level of support).. and it's bad luck that VF has nonfunctional monitoring from their side (if it's true, I can't believe it for such big corporation) - they can see way more connection parameters from their side (CMTS) than you on Compal.

• Super
  • -
  • Základní
  • -
  • Bratislava
  • Speedtest
Odkaz ke komentáři

Návštěvník edjrbm

Sure, I completely understand your point @quadra2030 and @tomus, I really tried to inform the technical support about the unexpected high rate of Post RS Errors, but sometimes it seems that it is just hard to convince them that the problem is not on customer side (i.e., my side 🙂), specially because I am also not familiar with these telecom parameters and occasional failures. Moreover, in the meanwhile I was also trying to find out some workaround, at least to avoid the major outages, but apparently there is none.

Thanks for clarifying these details, btw.

Odkaz ke komentáři

@edjrbm I'm afraid, in your case there is no user workaround (errors on the cable line). So there seems to be solution from provider site only. If they don't chceck and repair line/cables, your line will be not working as you need/expect.

Anyway, bridge mode is not for common user. You obtain public IP directly on your device. Number of public IP is limited. On you line for example 2-4, (not sure at this time).  It means, you can't connect more own devices at the same time and create internal network. Next point is security. You lose security on your site, there is no NAT if don't solve it in your endpoint device.

You have to insist on a solution as wrote @tomus and @quadra2030 too.  Lot of patience in negotiation on customer line, insist on your request:)

Upraveno uživatelem sodekcz
  • Premium
  • -
  • Základní
  • Vodafone Station
  • KrPole
Odkaz ke komentáři

Přidat se ke konverzaci

Přispívat můžete okamžitě a zaregistrovat se později. Pokud máte účet, přihlaste se a přispívejte pod Vaším účtem.
Poznámka: Váš příspěvek vyžaduje před zobrazením schválení moderátorem.

Návštěvník
Odpovědět na toto téma...

×   Vložit jako upravený text.   Obnovit formátování

Pouze 75 emotikon je povoleno.

×   Váš odkaz byl automaticky vložen.   Místo toho zobrazit jako odkaz

×   Váš předchozí obsah byl obnoven.   Vyčistit editor

×   Nemůžete vložit obrázky přímo. Nahrajte nebo vložte obrázky z URL adresy.

• Kdo si právě prohlíží tuto stránku   0 registrovaných uživatelů

• Žádný registrovaný uživatel si neprohlíží tuto stránku
  • Vytvořit...